Nov 16, 2010

Short end of the Stick

Sunday night I heard some activity in the “hamster drawer.”

Unlike the other nighttime rustlings, these started at 3:30 am versus 4:30 am. Which leads me to believe that mice (like the state of Arizona and portions of Indiana) don’t acknowledge daylight savings time. At any rate, since I’d heard the noises Sunday night I prepared myself for a “mouse removal” mission Monday night. Assuming of course that I’d have something stuck to the glue board I’d prominently placed in said “hamster drawer.”

Time was of the essence since Monday was also when I needed to move the ginormous pile of leaves I raked last week from my terrace, into the gutter for loose leaf collection on Tuesday. Eventually, I managed to move the leaves (after procrastinating & prioritizing—knit one, pearl two), Which left (cue dramatic music) the dreaded hamster drawer! (Da, da, daaa!)

I mustered a grand total of three minutes of courage during which I formulated a plan that involved a flashlight, a long cash register receipt (to stick to the non-mouse covered portion of the glue trap) and a plastic bag for fast transport and disposal of the unholy glue trap/mouse/receipt union.

The only problem is, when I opened the drawer... there wasn’t a mouse to be found, stuck or otherwise!

So, what does that mean? My mice are smarter than glue traps??

No comments: